Saturday, December 10, 2011

New stuff




Hi everybody. Apa khabar? Saya tidak boleh cakap Bahasa Melayu baik.

I'm working on a few odds and ends before January starts and I get back to "serious art time". But until that happens I'm working with some different styles and themes, and doing figure work for the first time in two years.

This is the source photo I worked from, pulled off one of the thousands of crust tumblrs, so obviously no one can tell anything about the history of this image. The woman is a Berber, a group of peoples living in Northern Africa. I redrew it in a kind of Moebius derivative style, with an emphasis on texture.

Moebius is an amazing French comic artist who, among other achievements, made an influential comic Anglophones call The Incal, with filmmaker Alejandro Jodorowsky.

No comments: