Thursday, January 19, 2012

ULSK






These are some rough drawings for a comic I hope to make one day, if I can figure out the variables. I talk about wizards a lot, Ulsk is a wizard who is always hooded. Ulsk is accompanied by a thief, named Thief. I've been reading a lot of Philippe Druillet, Moebius and Vaughn Bodē, especially his Cheech Wizard strip. If Ulsk coalesces into something simple and doable, it will be a sword and sorcery type strip with quests and temples and armies and magic. Basically something a person who grew up with D&D, Magic: The Gathering, The Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy and various less famous versions of all of these things would try to make one day.

You may notice that Thief bears striking resemblance to a character in an earlier post.

I am working on "serious art" as well, it just isn't ready to photograph yet. Sometimes a line drawing that took twenty minutes to make can be more fulfilling than a drawing which took twenty days.

Edit: About a week after drawing this, I realize that Thief has DeForge eyes. Oops?

No comments: