Monday, April 1, 2013

DLAHP

I visited Tolkien's grave recently, and worked it into this comic.

I started drawing a comic called “Drug Lion and Handsome Panda”. It's a two panel gag comic with a very simple premise: a drug addled lion lives with a foppish panda. Hilarity ensues. The minimalism of the plot and requirements needed to set up a punch line in two panels have actually proved very inspiring, and it's forced me to get very creative to come up with something good, and worth reading again later. I've also made jokes which allow me to draw things which I really like; Tolkien, outer space, other comic characters, medieval details.

I should have this for sale at TCAF. Until I begin getting it printed, I shouldn't say much more at this point...



This is not an April Fool's Day post!

No comments: